April 24, 2012

Color Me Happy!

"Play Time!"

Making art is a necessity for me.  Making art fills my soul with serenity.  Making art is as important as breathing. During the past few months, there's been no time for art - color had drained from my world with my husband's illness. But now that he's slowly recovering, I can begin to relax and  "breathe" again, and I'm trying to fill "little moments" with color and creativity.


I've been printing images at home and have been using watercolors to paint backgrounds while I'm at the rehab center. My little "Guerrilla Art Kit" is packed in a closet, just waiting for a quiet moment. I do miss my studio and all of my art supplies, but I'm finding that experimenting with limited materials has it's own rewards.


Color is beginning to flow back into my world, and my soul is "singing" with gratitude and happiness!

May your day be filled with moments of color and joy!
 

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's nice to see that color coming back. And there is lots of it, even with limited art supplies. Color me thrilled to see you back on-line!!

Astrid Maclean said...

So pleased to see you are managing to get back into your art Terri, your wonderful colourful pieces always spread happiness!

Marit said...

Happy colours indeed Terri! I sometimes 'challenge' myself to work with limited materials, it forces you to think outside the box and I discovered nice new (to me) ways of working - I hope your husband has a speed recovery. Enjoy each other and enjoy art!

Netty said...

The colourings are all a joy to see Terri. So glad your dear husband is feeling a little better. x

Janet Ghio said...

I am so glad that things are going well for your husband and that color is following back into your life both literally and figuratively!

Ophelia said...

Lovely indeed!! So very inspiring! Glad things are getting better and you can return to making art!!!

WW said...

Looks like wellness can always be judged in art. The more color that comes back to jims cheeks...the more color flows from within you!! Soo glad things are flowing on the "bright" side ♥♥♥

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I see your bright spirit coming back, so glad things are going well and you can feed your soul. xox

Sandy said...

I so love your art work and hope that everything only gets better!
Sandy

punkleface said...

im so pleased that things have improved for you and your family your work is so beautiful and i so love your blog