May 16, 2012

"Chrysaline"

"Chrysaline"

It's no secret that I love rich, saturated color. Generally, my backgrounds are composed of many layers. They usually start with a few "blobs" of acrylics or watercolors dropped and swirled onto cardstock or a substrate, and the "layering process" begins.

Working in a hospital setting has led me to new discoveries and a search for quick methods. There's not a lot of time, material or space to create, and I've found that the old adage: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." applies.

The background of "Chrysaline" was created by using a color copy of one of my original backgrounds as a base to which I've added more paints, stamps and colors. I'm saving time and energy by using what I've already created in a new, re-purposed way. It's a win-win situation!

May your day be happy and colorful!
 

17 comments:

roc said...

so nice to see you creating!

Wax Beach Artist said...

I love her, she is beautiful!

Sharon said...

You sure make fantastic lemonade! I am loving this creation. She is delightful.

Netty said...

Didn't realise you are still at the hospital, hope all is well.
As Sharon said above you make fantastic lemonade, xx

Marilyn Rock said...

This is so beautiful Terri! Thoughts of you and yours! xxoo

kimmie said...

I love how you combined the words imagine and give together into one word in a bubble .... you are the color queen :)

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Love that funny creation very much.
Your blog is ever and always so inspiring.
Hugs Anja

Melanie Statnick said...

I love the bright clours its very attractive. you inspire me!

Marit said...

That's a great idea and works so well Terri! Love this piece!

~*~Patty S said...

Clever you dear Terri...you certainly are making it work

Another colorful and multi layered and inspiring creation

oxo

sharon said...

This is glorious!

Michelle Webb said...

So many wonderful colours and the doodling is amazing. Love this page. Michelle x

Lizbethem said...

Wonderful colours.
Big hug from Lizbeth

indybev said...

However you did it, it's another Terri special! Beautiful.

Martina2801 said...

Terri, this is creative and beautiful, eye-catching and the colours perfect. Really great work! Love it!

Have a nice sunday.
Hugs
MARTINA

Emma Grace said...

WOW you are an amazing artist I love seeing your new creative things

Chris said...

Hi Terri, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/