May 10, 2012

The Future!

"Bright Future"

Things have been "looking up" in Rehab lately. My husband has begun taking his first steps - quite literally. Each "little move" is a step closer to the rehab door and home. His progress is steady and remarkable; and, he continues to keep the entire "team" motivated with his dedication. His spirits are bright, and every day brings new blessings, trials, challenges and gifts. We're treasuring each and every moment that we spend together.

Over the past few days we visited our Cardiologist and Pulmonologist. Both are astounded to see Jim's progress. To be honest, he was only given a 4% chance of survival. I'm definitely "married to a miracle". No more doctor's appointments for a month - break out the champagne and confetti!!!

Thank you, thank you, for your prayers, love and support. I wish I had the time to visit each of you to express my heartfelt "thanks" and give you a personal "hug"- blogging remains one of my current "guilty pleasures". We did not get this far alone and continue to feel your "love" and "good wishes". You give us "wings"!

Our future's so bright, we have to wear shades

May your day be bright and beautiful!
 
PS - This is "Sylvia" - my "freebie" from April 30th - transformed! Click here to grab her for your own artful transformation.

12 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

It's so great to see your wonderful colourful creations again Terri! I read about Jim's amazing progress on Facebook, - the power of prayer indeed...

anna christensen crafts said...

Your work is such an inspiration to so many people. I am glad things are getting better, I think of you often and send you both good thoughts xx

WW said...

Terri
I couldn't be happier for you and Jim!! I just knew that with your spirt behind him...he was going to give it his all.
Makes me smile every time I hear more positive news. ((hugs))

roc said...

amen amen amen

Lynn said...

I toast you both...love conquors a lot!
Your art is a delight!

Carole Kurth said...

Wow! What wonderful news--I'm taking time this morning to check back w/ some of my favorite blogs and see what's happened lately. Love your art, and praise for answered prayers!

Martina2801 said...

Your words have touched me very much, dear Terri! I'm so glad that your husband feels better.
Your creation with the sunglasses is amazing! Love it!
Have a nice weekend my friend.
Hugs
MARTINA

Marilyn Rock said...

Terri; so happy to read your positive news about your husband's progress. I haven't been visiting Blogs and posting on mine. My husband is in the midst of a very serious health issue and has been hospitalized on and off for 6 weeks. He was in rehab for two weeks and just came home so he can have chemo treatments.

I will keep prayers and positive thoughts going for you and your husband. Miracles DO happen and he's an example.

Love, Marilyn

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Love the artistic brilliant creation. Great inspiration. Wonderful news about your husband and good wishes.
Hugs Anja

Lynn Richards said...

this is so, so wonderful to hear, Terri!!! I'm so happy for you both. Hoping each moment is better and better.
xoxo
lynn

Kelly said...

your art is beautiful! so happy to hear your husband is doing well. :)

. said...

To see your beautiful style and hear your news that he has a cheery attitude, he's a miracle, that you don't have to visit doctors for a month....well, all of this, just makes me believe! I wonder what it's like for you to even type the word f u t u r e now - it must have so much more meaning and cause for celebration considering what you and Jim have been through. I am so happy reading this Terri! "Bright, bright, sunshiney days" to you!!!