November 15, 2012

A Charming Swap

My Assorted Charms

My mixed media collage Muse seems to have been on vacation these last few months. While she's away I've been playing in different mediums and recently participated in a private art swap involving handmade charms. Any and all materials were welcome, however, utilizing fabric was a requirement for one of the charms.
I haven't made a fabric yo-yo in years, nor have I embroidered recently - skills that my Beloved Grandmother taught me when I was a child. My "favorite" charms were made from tiny bits of plastic fish tubing and vintage pearls from a broken necklace.

Working with a new set of criteria forced me to think outside of the proverbial box, but that's what challenges are all about. They're about finding new methods and means of creative expression.

May you have the courage to challenge yourself creatively!

 

7 comments:

Netty said...

Loving your pretty charms, they are beautiful, xx

~*~Patty S said...

Your charms are lovely dear Terri !!!

I think we sometimes forget to give ourselves credit on the creativity we bring to other parts of our lives...
I do know what you are saying tho too :)

Every Muse needs a break now and then...take care dear friend
oxo

Lorelei said...

These charms are just lovely, Terri. If your muse was on vacation, I wish she'd visit me with ideas this fantastic. I, too, love the pearl charms. And I like how it can be attached with the lobster claw. Well done, my friend. Well done.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not sure how I missed this post until now. It was good to see all those gorgeous charms. I can't hand sew, so those are even more appealing. Of course, I like your tubes, too. They actually caught my eye before I read your text.

Sometimes it's good to allow your muse to be on vacation. I find when that happens to me, I can come back with a vengeance. A good vengeance that is!!

Debrina said...

Swaps are so much fun and I always find I learn so much from others when I look at what they give me. There is nothing like receiving hand crafted goodness from a friend. :-)

Lorraine said...

They turned out fantastic!

Marilyn Rock said...

What a fun swap! Love them! xxoo