November 27, 2012

Experimenting!

"Joy"

With all of the extraneous excitement we've had in the past few weeks - including a hurricane, a nor'easter, AND a Holiday - not to mention Jim's doctor's appointments and "general life duties", art has taken a back seat. I did have a smidgen of time to spend in my little art room over the weekend, so I made a conscious decision to "play". Yes . . . . . "Play!" Consequently, I discovered a few new tricks and techniques to maximize my precious studio time.

Since time was of the essence, I used a photocopy of a background that I'd previously created, added a new image and loaded on more "color". Then the fun began . . . . . I started to doodle. Yes . . . . . "doodle"!!! I used a black marker and gave my hand and mind free reign. I drew and played to my heart's content. Scrolls, loops, hearts, swags and daisies spilled out of my pen and onto the page. It was cathartic and, most of all, it was F-U-N!!!

May your day be blessed with "creative joy & fun"!
 

15 comments:

Kim said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Renee Stien said...

what a fun new look - glad you had a little time to play

Marilyn Rock said...

Well your experiment is a success! I love it! Your doodles are amazing with this. I love her eyes! Thoughts of you and yours. xxoo

Janet Ghio said...

Love those eyelashes!!

sharon said...

Love your new look.....fantastic doodles!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

wonderful!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Doodlasicious fun. Can I get those eyelashes? Joy to you.... xox

~*~Patty S said...

The best things come out of pure play as evidenced by what you create dear Terri!

Happy for you to make some time for art...
life can certainly try and get in the way sometimes!

oxo

Sandy said...

Well you keep right on experimenting Honey cause I love what you are doing!
Sandy

Lorelei said...

Love your new techniques! The doodles are fantastic and I love that you still use your signature little white dots. I need some of your F-U-N to rub off on me! Soon, soon!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Brilliant, love that and all the beautiful details.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is stunning and fulfilled my need for color today. Of course, all those doodles made my hand hurt when I saw all the details, including those precious eyelashes.

Sorry I'm so late visiting. I finally got my head out of my basement so I could stop by! And I'm glad I did because I have missed you and your colorful art. Have a super weekend, dear friend.

Beverly said...

Wow Terri, you're amazing. I not only love your whimsical art but I so appreciate how you explain your techniques. Thank you!

Sim said...

I love your artwork, your blog and your world! :)

Becky (Art Parfait) said...

I must have missed this piece on Flickr--love it, and love the time-saving technique you discovered.

Enjoy your day!