November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy, Happy Thanksgiving!

Having lived through a year filled to the brim with many personal issues, there were times when it was difficult to see the proverbial forest for the trees. Through it all, one constant has remained: My sincere gratitude to the Father of the Universe for the gifts that I've been granted . . . both large and small.

After this year's trials and tribulations, I've learned take nothing for granted and now express my "gratitude" for each day's blessings. Something as seemingly insignificant as the morning smell of a freshly brewed pot of coffee or the sight of rainbow prisms dancing across my kitchen floor is cause for celebration. A long talk with a dear friend, the sound of laughter, uninterrupted time spent in thought or working in my little studio are all treasured gifts. A good night kiss, holding hands, smiles exchanged across a dinner table, and quiet moments spent in silence are priceless reasons for expressing "thanks".

This journal page was completed three years ago, and it's still one of my favorite pieces. It features a beautiful sentiment expressed by one of my favorite poets, Kahil Gibran. My artistic style has changed and evolved during the past three years; however, so has my deep appreciation for all of the blessings that I've been granted. I don't need a special day to remind me that I've personally been "blessed beyond belief".

May your Thanksgiving celebration be filled with gratitude and many blessings!

Credits: The composite girl is my image, however, many of the are images from Nancy Baumiller's Crowabout Flickr group with the following exceptions: From Suzee Que (Flickr) - Baby behind the turkey, the wishbone with fruit, and the turkey spoon. From Tumblefish Studio (Deviant Scrap) - All of the crowns, including the one on her head and those used to make the ruffle for the apron. From Dover Publications - The butterflies.

8 comments:

Lee said...

Wishing you an amazing THanksgiving! I am truly thankful for having you a a friend, and I look forward to meeting you IN PERSON this year!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

BEAUTIFUL! both the art and your post. happy thanksgiving to you too!

Effie said...

Happy Thanksgiving...
XXX

Netty said...

It has been such a traumatic year for you, but thankfully the worst has all past. Happy Thanksgiving, Annette x

Marilyn Rock said...

Beautiful art! I love your post; I can SO relate and that is what this year has taught me. I love one day at a time, trying to take joy in the little things - not taking a moment for granted.

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Terri! May good health remain throughout the new year and beyond. xxoo

Lorraine said...

Happy Thanksgiving Terri! Enjoy your family time.

Lorelei said...

My thoughts exactly. The little things mean so much more during our recovery. Joy yesterday when Jim remembered my phone number. Still can't handle the phone well but he knew my number. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend and to your hubby, too. Baby steps....

Darlene Pringle said...

Happy Thanksgiving Terry.. YOU ARE BACK.. I HAVE BEEN SLACKING MYSELF, due to moving, travel, and I don't like it..
I want my stable fun artlife back!
I am so happy to see you dear girl.. I have your heart hanging in front of me as I type this. I will never forget it. I also will be sending you something soon!
Love you my friend.. xoxoxo I am so glad you are recovering w/your hubby.. God is GREAT!