December 14, 2012

Charming Gifts!

 "Here Kitty, Kitty!"
Side #1 

Several months ago I found a few locket frames during a shopping trip for art supplies in a local craft store. Intrigued by the creative possibilities and prospects these tiny frames offered, My Muse swirled with delight in the jewelry aisle and begged me to make a quick purchase. I came home, promptly popped them into a drawer . . . and, quite honestly, forgot about them.

Since I truly believe that handmade gifts are "gifts of the heart", I wanted to create something special as a Christmas present for a very dear friend, who is a professional dog groomer and a loving "cat mommy" too. Enter My Muse, who reminded me about those little lockets.

"Puppy Love"
Side #2

"Miss Kitty" happens to be one of my favorite images. In the interest of "fairness", I had to use one of my "Pups in Cups" too. LOL! After sizing the chosen images digitally, I printed them out and affixed them to their respective backgrounds. At that point the creative fun began in earnest.

Prismacolor pencils, watercolors, Copic markers, Sharpies and oil pastels were added to enhance color. Tiny 'stickers' (fingernail decals - believe it or not!) and glitter added personality and character; and a tiny, silver dragonfly and vintage pearl with crystal charm added femininity. A pretty pink organza ribbon and waxed-cord necklace was the perfect finishing touch.

My little charm is waiting to be wrapped and gifted; I hope my friend will be pleased. I've learned a few creative lessons: Working small can be challenging and rewarding; and, listen to your Muse! She's never "wrong"!

May your Muse dance with creativity and pleasure!

9 comments:

peggy aplSEEDS said...

how lovely! i'm sure your friend will be delighted!

Effie said...

Just love miss Kitty.... What great gifts.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

oh this is such a cutie little art! fab!
Terri..congrats on your "Going to TEACH "on 21 sectrets!

WOW Fabulous!
Have fun there!

BLiSsAngELs said...

Terri they are darling so cute I love both


☆҉ ‿↗⁀☆҉☆ have a Merry and Bright Christmas☆҉ ‿↗⁀☆҉☆ hugs WeNdY

roc said...

How cute Terri! I'm sure your friend will cherish forever!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful personal and heartfelt gift for a friend. I agree that gifts come from the heart, and, as always, send my love to Miss Kitty who shines wherever you use her.

Lizbethem said...

Lovely gifts, Terri! Blessings.xx

Lorraine said...

Delightful Terri!

Juls said...

oooh wow!! these are fab!! Hugs Juls