January 24, 2013

Pretty in Pink!

"Imagine" from a Healing Journal

When it comes to finding interesting color palettes that catch My Muse's wandering attention, sometimes stopping to take a look back actually helps to propel me "forward"!

Little Bird

A few days ago in an attempt to lure my sleeping Muse into action, I emptied my closet of art journals long finished and filed away. As I opened book after book, I found a few pages that I really enjoyed creating, stood back and "observed". I asked two questions:  What was it that I loved about those pages? and, Why did they pique my interest?

Old Journals + Color + Memories = Inspiration!

As I studied the open books, details from two particular pages, caught my eye. Lovely hues of pinks and shades of oranges spilled from those pages and into the room. Suddenly My Muse smiled in delight! Of course, she whispered: "They're pretty in pink!"

May your day be filled with sparks of inspiration!

8 comments:

sharon said...

This photo makes me smile and starts my day off beautifully! I love the pink/orange combination, and the blue tones always grab me too! Birds are always a winner for me! Your style is happy, bright, cheery, and infectious Terri, and I love it!

Lorelei said...

It's snowing here this morning, but looking at your lovely journal pages warmed my heart. Lovin' all the polka dots and the colors and then the black & white patterns divert your attention. Thank you for sharing such wonderful journals with us. Have a colorful weekend full of inspiration...

Lisa Purcell said...

Very beautiful.

Martina2801 said...

What you make is a feast for my eyes to look at, dear Terri !!
Well done!!

Lynn Cohen said...

I haven't been here in way too long! So happy to see you wonderful art pages again!

Lee said...

Gorgeous- you have such a unique style. xo

LaurieStar said...

I love looking at your colorful blog! Nice stuff! :)

Belladonna said...

Wonderful palette of colours!