April 28, 2013

Pink Lady Journal Spread

 
 Pink Lady

It's been a while since I've posted; but time spent on the computer is time spent away from the studio and creating. During the past few weeks, I've been blessed with a creative "rush" from my Muse, so I locked myself into my little studio and covered myself in paint and gesso! Unfortunately, there was a small "sacrifice" -- in a rush of creative enthusiasm, I ruined a brand new pair of beautiful gray ponte knit pants!

 Flower Stamp

My creative "rush" began with inspiration from Ro Bruhn's "Flower Power" class in the "21 Secrets" Workshop. Ro's flower stamp tutorial and my penchant for "color" married beautifully!

Experimenting


Since Ro's flowers are so organic and wonderful, rather than use a digital or printed image, I decided to try my hand at sketching. This spread began with a gessod and colored background (I show how to create it in my "21 Secrets" class), a pencil sketch, followed by a black Pitt pen (because it's waterproof when dry) and finally . . . . color . . . LOTS of color!

Flower Spread

Layers and layers of color were added to the background and flowers, along with doodles, highlights and my signature roses and little white dots.

Finished Spread!

Who knew that one small idea could ignite such a HUGE burst of creativity!?!?!?

On a quick note:  I haven't been posting here too often, and I know you're curious to see what I've been up to. If you'd like to see what I'm working on or doing on a regular basis, please check into Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. I promise to "keep it interesting" and always "colorful"!!!

May your day be sparked with "creative enthusiasm"!!!

 ♥ 
PS  There's still plenty of time to register for "21 Secrets". Click here or on the "21 Secrets" button on my sidebar to learn more about this art journaling learning experience!

16 comments:

Patricia/NYC said...

Terri, this is gorgeous!! I love how you incorporated Ro's flower stamps! I think I need to take that workshop next! Hope it's ok, but I've grabbed your blog button onto my blog so I can easily checking here :)

This week I will be finishing up my journal from your workshop & I will be sure to post the photos on you Show & Tell page in Secrets.

Sorry about your pants...ahh, the price of beautiful art. ;)
Hugs...
Patricia

Art Zest said...

Another beautiful inspiration. I was so inspired by your video at 21 Secrets I couldn't wait to get home from my trip to Calif and get started on your project. I spent today gathering my supplies and I will start tomorrow. I will post pictures at 21 Secrets.

Sue M said...

Great to see the progress Terri - like another tutorial.
So much fantastic inspiration on 21 Secrets that I need more hours in the day and days in the week!

TwinkleToes2day said...

This is very beautiful Terri; the colours magnificent! What did you use to colour the lady Terri? The white accents wonderful & the blending is amazing :0) Mo

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Marvelous pink lady. You were certainly having fu woth your new stamp. xox

Juls said...

Fab page!! Love the colours u have used. Hugs Juls xxx

Zaa said...

Fabulous page and such a lovely birst of refreshing colours ..It's magical...Hugs

Marilyn Rock said...

Fantastic Terri! I so love your colors!

June Macfarlane said...

Terri its beautiful. Your work is always so inspiring. The flowers are fabulous as is your lady

roc said...

beautifully done miss tree! love it!

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful and a joy to the eye. I somehow lost touch Terri but how wonderful to find you again! Your artful muse is always an inspiration in both color and design!

Lori
Foxglove Hollow

Ophelia said...

Yummy!!! Oh, how I love this! Your creations are always just so amazing.

Tammie Lee said...

this turned out wonderful!
what a great flower stamp and your sketch is wonderful!

Ro Bruhn said...

Love your pages Terri, so glad to see you blogging again. Love your stamp too.

Lay Hoon said...

Such a beautiful spread !
Love it.

Janine said...

Dear Terri
I hope you are doing well.
I have been away for a couple of month myselfe and I hope you and your Family had a very merry Christmas time
Janine