February 6, 2014

Catching Up!

Details!

Here I am . . . . dusting blog cobwebs once again! We zipped through January, and I can't believe we've almost finished the first week in February. My "blog posting intentions" for 2014 were good, its just that I've been busy making art. Sadly, I've come to terms with the fact that time spent on the computer is time spent away from my little studio. 

I Love to Recycle!

My January pages for The Documented Life Project are complete, and February is a work in progress. This project is just what I needed to return to the discipline of creating art on a regular basis. The commitment to create one spread a week is not an impossible task. Color, images and glue are antidotes to snow and terrible weather, so I've been spending my winter surrounded with art supplies and have been giving my creativity free reign.

Week #2 - "Selfie"


Rather than use washi-taped tip-ins, I've decided to go a more traditional route with my pages. Since the Moleskine planner pages are very thin, I've chosen to glue color copies of some of my previously colored backgrounds to the right-hand side of each spread as a "base". Since this seems to stablize the page - I can then add even more color, mediums and images. Sometimes I'll start by coating a page with gesso, but quite a few of my spreads haven't seen a drop of of the stuff!

Week #3 - Add an Envelope from your Mail


Several of my fellow DLP members have asked me to divulge how I create my colorful backgrounds. To be honest, the pressure has been mounting for me to do a tutorial.

Week #4 - Secret Message


I'm very flattered and am giving these requests very serious consideration. Currently I'm in the middle of "puppy training" my little Cosmo (who just turned 6 months old!). When things settle down a bit, I'd like to run a video tape while I'm working on a spread so you can peek over my shoulder to see how I create a page from start to finish.


If there's something you'd like to see me demonstrate, or have a question that I can answer during the course of a video tutorial, I welcome your input. You can leave a comment here, on my FaceBook page or send a private email. I'm open to your suggestions!

Before I close, I'd also like to give a "shout out" to all of my former students from "21 Secrets"! Thank you, thank you for all of your lovely comments and support. Hearing that you've adopted some of my techniques and that you're using them in your art has given me great pleasure. I'm thrilled that we're able to "play together" in the Documented Life Project!

Many blessings and wishes for a very bright & beautiful day!

11 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Oh SO much lovely color and creativity along with your Terri style always puts a BIG smile on my face ♥ ...
You rock!
Happy February!
not sure where in the world January went...
oxo
p.s. wonder if proving I am not a robot will help me get better at typing numbers = OY!

Netty said...

Nobody does gorgeous pages like you, full of colour and joy. Hugs Annette x

indybev said...

I can't wait for the tutorial you've promised. I long to produce colorful pages such as yours, Terri. You seem to be creating with new fervor and talent of late, by the way. I enjoy it every bit!!

Jeanne Draachreider said...

Beautiful pages Terri. I'm so envious of all your color. I'm learning to add more colors and be more free with my work...you're a good inspiration.

joy said...

I will be watching for that video you have promised! I love your happy and colorful pages!

Sharon Chapman said...

I like your idea as my tip ins seem difficult with those thin pages. i started with the washi tape and tipping in I may change over. Oh I hope you do a video or I sahll have to come knocking at your door.Ha!!! Very cold here 9 degrees this morning. Couldn't believe over 700,000 people at the Seahawks parade yesterday. I watched from my cozy den on tv.

Effie said...

Lovely colourful stuff to brighten a dull day...

massofhair said...

I concur, a video tutorial would be fantastic, will be waiting with all your other fans.

Love your DLP pages, lots of doodling and colour. This is my first attempt at journalling so not quite as colourful as it could be. Staying safe and trying new techniques before i go bright with the colours.

Thanks for your inspiration :-) xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Stunning art again. You have truly brightened my dull, gray day with your smiling face and beautiful pages. Thanks for sharing them on your blog, too.

It was fun to see how you colored your pages, especially the side that did not have the added background. Glad your color is back.

LauraB said...

so happy to view your colorful art! a tutorial on your backgrounds would be amazing. I also wonder about your images-people, birds, flowers. Are these your hand drawn images? so many questions from this admiring newbie. I am now your newest blog follower and DLP-sistah!

Martha Richardson said...

Loving your pages…hoping you will eventually do an online workshop for your fans ;)