March 19, 2014

Art Doll - "Angel of Color"

"Angel of Color"

Since the beginning of the year, most of my art time has been spent working in my "Documented Life Planner". We just finished Week #12, and I'm proud to say that I've managed to stay disciplined for the past few months. That's quite an accomplishment for me, since caretaking for family has limited the time spent in my studio over the past two years.

However, as much as I've enjoyed journaling in my Moleskine planner, when I saw a few art dolls created by friends, my imagination soared to new heights, and I couldn't resist ordering a few 'blanks' from Retro Cafe Art Gallery.


I think these little dolls might become an obsession. This doll gave me an opportunity to spread new creative 'wings'. Old bits of backgrounds, sari ribbon,  jeweled bits and an antique escutcheon were used to create this little angel - a tribute to my love of color.


If you're interested in creating a special doll, check out Retro Cafe Art Gallery's extensive selection of 'blanks'. My angel began with a medium Santos doll. And, if you DO happen to order, please tell Kristin Hubrick that "Terri sent you!"

If you'd like a peek into my DLP journal, click here to see more. The link will take you directly to my FLICKR set so you can see all of the pages.

My Documented Life Journal!

May your day be filled with laughter and color!!!


12 comments:

Lynn said...

I am so proud of you too, can't believe it's been 12 weeks since you started your DLJournal, good for you :)
This doll is beautiful Terri, I love what you have done with her , your usual attention to details just makes her so special.

Netty said...

I loved your pages on Facebook Terri and your doll is a gorgeous addition, yay for your love of colour. Annette x

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Thank you for the terrific review Terri and thank you for creating such amazing and inspiring art! You are so talented and I love your eye for color! xoxo

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

She is beautiful Terri and the very epitome of colour!

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

She is beautiful Terri and the very epitome of colour!

Coleen said...

So fun, Terri. OK, i"m ordering one. Been thinking of this for some time. Great job....as usual.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Love your dolls glittery crown.....Yes, I could see how these could be come an obsession. xox

cathy parmelee said...

wonderful angel!!

Gez Butterworth said...

She's gorgeous Terri :)) Well Done for staying on track and for colouring our world xxxx

Martina2801 said...

She`s gorgeous, Terri! So beautifully created.
Hugs Martina oxo

Patricia said...

She's lovely Terri, and your DLP book looks amazing!

Shelley Graham Turner said...

Okay you GOT me! I ordered a few things from Retro Cafe' to try my hand at...we'll see!

Your is so beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration (and enabling on the shopping!) LOL

~ Shelley